Skills Academy day program
Skills Academy is dedicated to providing a person-centered program (P-CP) for their students. Full implementation of this program will include, but is not limited to:
- P-CP write-up on each student to include all likes, dislikes, goals, dreams, etc.
- Bi-monthly one-on-one meetings with the student to fine tune the P-CP plan.
- Training aimed at helping students reach their goals.
- Dedicated counselors to work with the student on their goals.
Keys to Success
- Partnering with non-profits that serve the special needs community. (Like Special Olympics)
- Partnering with local school districts to offer transition programs.
- Keeping the focus on the student and their individual needs.
- Growing in a controlled fashion where the students are fully engaged.
- Partnering with the community to help with job placement for students.
Helping our students to find their purpose in life through Volunteering
Programs and services
Skills Academy DP offers training, and transportation services. Click the button below to see a full list.
Days and hours of Operation
Currently the day program is open from Tuesday through Friday from 9:00am to 3:00pm. The goal is to expand the program to Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 3:30pm.